Spitfire Flight Experiences - From £2,950
Fly a Spitfire from RAF Biggin Hill and re-live the emotion and thrill of RAF pilots as they took-off to carry out their missions in WWII.
Take the controls of our combat-veteran two-seater Spitfire: feel the vibration, hear the sound of the powerful Rolls-Royce Merlin and enjoy the experience of a lifetime!
Choose from flights over iconic locations : The Weald of Kent, Beachy Head, White Cliffs of Dover or Coastal Patrol.
Operating from the largest Spitfire engineering facility in the world with full CAA approval we offer you and your guests an insight into the restoration and operation of Spitfire aircraft .
All experiences include:
● A detailed pre-flight briefing covering the aircraft, equipment and safety procedures
● 10 minutes for preparation, taxiing and pre-flight engine checks
● 20-60 minutes airborne time (depending on the flight time you choose)
● Opportunity to take the Spitfire controls
● Experience the classic spitfire Victory Roll
● Re-live your flight with a digital video of your flight experience, two onboard cameras capture the action
● Signed framed A3 certificate featuring an illustration of the Spitfire that you’ve flown
● Tour of the restoration facility for you and up to four guests
● Option to add a formation aircraft to fly alongside friends and family
Spitfire Heritage Tours – From £49.00
2 hour Spitfire Restoration Hangar Tours of the facility are available on regular weekdays and weekends and are led by a knowledgeable guide who can describe the history of each aircraft and answer any questions. Those that wish to take the opportunity can also sit in a Spitfire for an additional charge of £30 and have the controls explained in detail. There is nowhere else in the world that you can see a squadron’s worth of Spitfires up close and observe the restoration work that supports their continued operation.
Evening Spitfire Technical Tours – From £149
Gain special access to our Spitfire restoration projects and discover the techniques and craftsmanship involved in getting Spitfires flying again. This is an ideal experience for anyone interested in engineering or getting a greater degree of detail about our projects.
● Welcome with refreshments at our Hangar
● Group Technical briefing with one of our restoration engineers
● Tour our restoration Hangar and see the projects up close
● See Wings and Fuselages being assembled in Jigs
● Q+A with one of our engineers
● Opportunity to photograph projects up close and in detail
● Fish and Chip supper and a free Spitfire Ale / soft drink included
● Enjoy a level of access not usually possible on our regular day tours
● Watch an evening Spitfire Engine startup* and see the iconic exhaust flames
● Take home a Spitfire Souvenir – choose from Mug, Cap or Flight Patch
● Usual ratio of 1 guide to 5 guests
● Sessions usually run 6pm-9pm